Dr. Jennifer Johnson, ND, Lac
I am a naturopathic doctor and acupuncturist specializing in primary care, women’s health, and mental health. My approach blends evidence-based functional medicine with traditional Chinese medicine to support optimal wellness.
I see individuals with a variety of concerns, such as:
Thyroid and adrenal dysfunction
High blood pressure
Pelvic floor issues
My philosophy of care is to support the foundations of good health and identify and address imbalances that perpetuate disease. This approach involves a thorough history, comprehensive lab work-up, and multi-modality plan. Modalities include nutrition, nutrient therapy, herbal medicine, acupuncture, Holistic Pelvic CareTM, mindfulness techniques, lifestyle counseling, and pharmaceutical medications when appropriate. Treatment plans are collaborative, honoring each individual’s values and preferences and respecting the role of other members of the care team.
I earned my degrees from Bastyr University in Seattle, Washington and completed a competitive two-year women’s health residency in Portland, Oregon. I have done additional training in genomic medicine, craniosacral therapy, biofeedback, and pelvic floor myofascial work. My passion for learning means I keep current on the latest medical science and am forever exploring new ways to support healing.
A native of the Pacific Northwest, I love spending my free time outdoors exploring nature. Prior to medical school, I was a piano teacher and still love to play. Balance is a philosophy I preach and practice, grounding myself with regular meditation and yoga and nourishing joy with lively board game nights and potlucks.
Education and Experience
Bastyr University, Class of 2015
· Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine
· Master of Science in Acupuncture
· Certificate in Chinese Herbal Medicine
University of Washington, Class of 2006
· Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
· Bachelor of Science in Biology (emphasis: Physiology)
Specialized training and education:
· Holistic Pelvic CareTM training with Tami Lynn Kent, MSPT
· Integrative infertility assessment and treatment from the Institute of Women’s Health and Integrative Medicine
· Menopause support and hormone therapy training from the Institute of Women’s Health and Integrative Medicine and Dr. Tori Hudson
· Genomic medicine intensives with Drs. Paul Anderson and Ben Lynch
· The Institute for Functional Medicine’s Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice training,