Metabolic Therapies stimulate proper cellular function
'Metabolic Therapies' refers to a number of dietary, lifestyle, and medical treatments aimed at helping your body utilize energy more effectively. A number of disease states, as well as stubborn symptoms like chronic fatigue, pain, and poor aging, are due to ineffective energy production in your cells, which we term 'Mitochondrial Dysfunction'. Each cell in your body has 1,000s of small compartments called mitochondria, which help covert the food you eat and oxygen you breath into usable energy sources so that your body works well.
Inefficient energy production by these small compartments is an underlying cause of the majority of disease states that plaque our world:
- Chronic Fatigue
- Chronic Pain
- Obesity, and difficult weight loss
- Chronic infections, such as Lyme disease, EBV, and others
- Poor aging - not recovering from activities or injuries as quickly, loss of muscle mass, strength and skin tone with age
- Cardiovascular disease
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Neurodegenerative Diseases, such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Multiple Sclerosis, and ALS
- Nerve pain (neuropathy)
What are Metabolic Therapies?
Numerous metabolic therapies exist and work more quickly and efficiently when combined into a synergistic treatment plan. Some of the therapies offered by the Reconstructed Wellness team include:
- Nutritional Therapy - Nutritional plans that increase mitochondrial density and function include medically supervised ketogenic diets, cyclical ketogenic diets, and fasting regimens. Our team tailors your plan to your individual needs and helps you avoid mistakes that commonly occur when these are performed without medical supervision.
- Digestive Health - Our digestive tract is the seat of our nervous system, immune system, and our metabolism. Its resident gut microbiota must be balanced for proper hormone signaling and insulin control, which are essential for the success of other metabolic therapies.
- Teaching Gym - Muscle, strength, and mobility are arguably the most important aspects of proper metabolic health. Having adequate muscle mass and strength is predictive of your ability to overcome any illness, surgery, or hospitalization, and is reflective of your likelihood of enjoying a long, healthy life.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) - Saturating your body with oxygen under pressure stimulates repair of wounds of all kinds, assists in athletic/injury recovery, is an adjunctive treatment for cancer and neurodegenerative diseases, assists in overcoming chronic infections, and supports healthy aging.
- Red Light & Near Infrared Therapy (Photobiomodulation) - Our light therapy devices initiate a set of metabolic events that results in improved circulation, energy production, athletic and wound recovery, and improved skin health (including acne, scars, stretch marks, wrinkles, or aged skin)
- IV Nutritional Support - Although nutrition and metabolic health always starts with our food and the nutrients we obtain through our diet, for accelerated results in the treatment of more severe metabolic dysfunction, the addition of intravenous (IV) nutrients complement the treatment plan.